It has been quite a while since I've sat down and blogged (complete with pictures), but I have a few spare minutes so here is an update. For the last 2 weeks we have worked on home improvement projects. My life has been chaos and I have been living in a construction zone, but we're almost back to normal. I am so grateful for a sweet husband who is content and happy in his surroundings, but still works on our house for me. I love interior decorating and I'm ready to do a new home improvement project about every 6 months. Our most recent remodel was simple but made a big difference. Our house was built in the late 70's and although the previous owners made several changes, there are still more to be done. Our family room had a popcorn type texture on the ceiling, so we scraped it off, re-textured, painted, and got new carpet. I now love being downstairs!

Scraping the old texture was tedious, tiring, and messy, but it went pretty fast.

This is just some of the old texture we took off. It was very messy, and I was grateful I didn't have to worry about saving the carpet.
Nice pictures of the remodeling process, but where is the finished product? My dear 3 year old son tossed my camera in the bathtub yesterday so as you might guess I am currently unable to take pictures. Everyone is welcome to come visit and tour our new family room in person!
4 comments:
Yeah for your improvements. That is so exciting! :)
And it's good to know that our house isn't the only place where things get completely destroyed by small children. :) Hope you get another camera soon!! Don't wait as long as you did to get a new phone!
I am so sorry about your camera. That is horrible. Thank you for posting these pictures though. I have wanted to scrape our 'popcorn' texture off of our ceilings, but the mess is overwhelming so we have never done it.
Mindi :)
Wahoo! Congrats on getting your basement done--and so fast! I can't wait to see it!!! (I second Rachel--please get a camera soon so we can see pictures!) What carpet and wall paint did you end up going with? Do you love it? I bet it looks great! --Jenny
Been there, looks like lots of fun. Popcorn ceilings are sooo messy, but it always looks so nice once it is done.
Post a Comment