Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home

On July 31st, 2007 Mark and I purchased our first home. It was a nerve-racking and confusing process, but we are so grateful to finally have a home of our own! It was built in 1978, and it is in great condition, but it could use a few updates. We've started by painting; thanks to my wonderful dad, Megan and Gavin's bedrooms were painted first. Meg's is yellow and Gavin's is blue. We then painted our hallway and living room tan (the living room has an accent wall) and yesterday we madeover our entryway. We hope to put tile in the entry way in a few weeks and I can't wait to see the finished product. I love color, but I get a little nervous sometimes and I have a hard time picturing how (or if) it will all go together nicely. It has been a fun process making decisions about our home together and I'm excited to make more improvements over the next few years.
The entry way before being painted.
The entryway after being painted. The color is Hamilton Green from Ace Hardware. I'm still deciding if I like it, and I'm hoping I'll feel better about it once we get the tile in. If not, I'll just repaint I suppose.
The tile we plan to put in the entry.
The accent wall in our living room. I was going to post pictures of the other walls, but pictures don't do them justice, so you all will just have to come visit and see the walls in person!

2 comments:

jmholloway said...

Thanks for the pictures. I like the colors, maybe someday I will convince Jason to paint our walls a color other than white. Your house is cute, we will have to come visit.

Mindi :)

David and Anita Holloway said...

You are making your home a bit of heaven right here on earth. You have such a beautiful little family and you're fixing up your home to match. You're awesome! (Mom)