Megan is learning and growing so fast! She's beginning to eat baby food and besides needing a bath after every meal, she's doing great!
She recently discovered her toes and that they are very conveinient little toys! I could watch her for hours! I love how she gets so excited with each new finding and reminds me to recognize and appreciate the simple things in life.
Gavin is learning and experiencing so much too! We went to the park the other day where he climbed a rope ladder that he was unable to climb just a few weeks earlier. He recognizes colors, knows some numbers (in unique order), and he loves to paint. Here he is painting with a brush and an apple on the side.I signed Gavin up for swimming lessons yesterday and I am so excited! I love being in an area where there are opportunities like this for him (and me) to enjoy. Here he is practicing his swimming techniques in our hot tub. Well, he was practicing, but the water was a little chilly, so he took a break so I could snap a picture!
Gavin went to the dentist today and he was so brave. Actually, he was quite excited! We checked out a book from the library entitled "Crocidile Visits the Dentist" to prepare for this experience, and it seems to have helped.
A few weeks ago we were out for a walk when Gavin sat down in the middle of the sidewalk and asked to hold Megan. I put her in his lap and he began to tell her all about our surroundings; the houses, the trees, and the moon that was starting to come out. He is a wonderful big brother, and he too reminds me to slow down and enjoy each new day!

2 comments:
I have not been brave enough to paint with Cailyn. Maybe I will have to try it soon.
What age are you supposed to start kids at the dentist? Should I already be taking Cailyn?
Mindi :)
Megan is such a smiley girl! What a sweetie! That is so exciting that Gavin is taking swim lessons. I used to teach kids swim lessons at the YMCA, and am a huge supporter of other people taking lessons! It will be invaluable for him to know how to swim. Way to go!
Post a Comment