Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Imagination at work

Everyday I am more and more amazed by my sweet children and the things they know! Megan is becoming a very good little sitter, but during her practicing days I would surround her with pillows to cushion her falls. One evening as I was making dinner I noticed the pile of pillows around Megan was growing. As I observed, I realized Gavin was grabbing pillows off the couch, adding them to Megan's cushioning in a particular pattern, and then he sat down in front of her and began driving their airplane. He was telling her all about their airplane as he drove with a CD as his steering wheel.

Gavin is such a kind and caring big brother! A few days ago he discovered a Thomas the Train hiding in mommy and daddy's closet. What a pleasant surprise! Well yesterday after his nap he was telling Megan all about the train in our closest, and then he ran upstairs to get it so he could show her. It didn't take long before he came back downstairs looking very sad and said, "Sorry Megan, Thomas Train is all gone." Megan was pretty devasted too. I can't wait to see the look on Gavin's face on Christmas morning when he wakes up to Thomas the train running around the tree!
Gavin has loved playing with our Nativity Set. So much in fact, that it broke today. I didn't mind though because it's been a great opportunity to teach hime about Christ's birth. I love how teachable he is!

No comments: