Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Feeding ducks, fancy shoes, and first day of school

A few days ago we went to a nearby pond to feed some very friendly and hungry ducks.
Gavin was a little scared at first (the ducks got really close), but he quickly warmed up and had tons of fun!
I had made some rolls a few days before but they didn't turn out, so we had plenty of duck food.
Every night after Megan's bath we put on her pj's then she goes to her shoe box and picks out her shiny black shoes that she wears to church then she brings them to me so I can put them on. This girl LOVES shoes! She has such a fun personality.
This rabbit was a pleasant surprise out our window as Gavin got ready for the first day of school.
Gavin attended preschool for the first time on Monday and he loved it! He is last to be picked up by the bus and first to be dropped off. I love having time alone with Megan and I'm enjoying preschool too.

4 comments:

Mariam said...

Megan is a girl after K's heart. K LOVES her pretty shoes. I can't believe how big Gavin looks.

jmholloway said...

He looks so big. It is scary how fast they grow. Sometimes I like it, but most of the time I just want them to slow down.
Jess does the same stuff with shoes. She will bring them to me all day if I don't keep her closet closed. She gets so frustrated when they don't fit enough to walk in.
Cailyn loves to feed the ducks too. What recipe did you use for your rolls? Do you have my Mom's recipe. It takes some prep but the dough will last in the fridge for at least 2 weeks. Let me know if you want it.

Mindi :)

Heather and Aaron said...

Looks like our girls are the same in the shoe department! Lilly always wants me to put on her shoes and when I took her shoe shopping not long ago she wanted to try on every shoe in the store! It is such a fun age. I can't believe that Gavin is old enough for preschool! I bet he is having the greatest time.

Jenny and Travis said...

What fun! Your kids are growing up so fast! I'm so glad we get to see you all (including your sweet Megee and Ruperman) tonight! Maybe we'll have some ruper pizza too. --Jenny