A few weeks ago we went on a caterpillar hunt with our friend Melissa. I didn't have an eye for finding any, but Melissa did, and she was kind enough to give Gavin a caterpillar to take care of and watch for a few weeks as it became a butterfly. Gavin loved the process! Everyday he would check on his little pet and say "Look mom! My butterfly turn into a cocoon then a butterfly!" After 4 days it made a cocoon, then after 10 days the cocoon turned black and 2 days later the butterfly emerged.


9 comments:
What a cute idea! I think I might just have to take Braxton on a little hunt, don't be surprised if you see the same pictures on our blog!!!
Gavin, I told Jenna all about your beautiful butterfly and told her she could get on your Mom's blog. Thank you for posting it Cassie. It is so cool! What an interesting process and it went a lot quicker that I thought it would! Love Ya! Mom
What an exciting activity for Gavin! I remember doing this in elementary school, and having so much fun with it (we also had a monarch butterfly). Your pet is so beautiful! I love butterflies! I'm glad Gavin got to have this experience. --Jenny
P.S. I love your guys' new background!
What an awesome pet! I bet the kids love this! So very cool.
What an awesome pet! I bet the kids loved it. So cool.
WOW! Cassie! Check out all your comments!
This was a cool project. I bet he LOVED it!
What a pretty butterfly! It's been a long time since I've seen a butterfly. Love the pictures! The Halloween costumes are so cute! Can't wait for the big day!
cousin cassie, I like your new back ground. I'll call it classy fall. The butterfly is beautiful. That's such a fun rocess for kids. We found a caterpillar once in our house and put it in a jar. Jadelyn named it vanessa. Vanessa took a while to change and she her cocoon looked black and rotten. Then once day she changed, not into a lovely monarch, but into a moth. She was pretty none the less and Jade enjoyed it.
Post a Comment