Thursday, October 23, 2008

A week of playing dress up

With Halloween quickly approaching we have had plenty of opportunities to attend parties and play dress up. I participate in a group of full-time moms who practice and perform plays for children at our local library. This week we spent two days performing for schools, preschools, and the public. It was exhausting but tons of fun!
I am the one with the affro. I played the parts of a chubby pumpkin who ate nonstop, and I was also a ghost.
Last Saturday I went to a friend's party. When I spend time dressing up I like to feel pretty, so I decided to be a fairy.
The cutest pumpkin around! I know you all have seen Meg in this costume before, but I added the slippers and leggings since the last photo and I think those accessories complete the outfit!

Last Friday we attended a family party and costumes were required so Mark borrowed a M&M costume and Gavin was a bat. He makes a great little bat and he's been practicing bat noisy frequently.

6 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

Great costumes! You are a very pretty fairy, and Megan is so darn cute in her pumpkin get out (we just love that picture of her)! It looks like Gavin's having fun with his bat costume too! Wish we got to party with you guys this Halloween as well!! --Jenny

David and Anita Holloway said...

What cute costumes! Just wanted you to know we're here! Thanks for blogging! Mom

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

Mark... are you an M&M? I think that is what I see.

Bennetts said...

LOL!!! I love the afroe. Did you dress up like a fairy at Rusty's party? I really wanted to go, but wanted to support Jason with the marching thing. It's nice that Mark dressed up. I can't get Jason to. He throws the biggest fit when I ask him to dress up. TTYL. ;)

Lacy said...

Those leggings are an extremely cute accessory for a pumpkin. That's so fun that you guys have gottent to dress up alot. Even more fun is the plays you get to do for the kids! What a great idea!

Albertson Family said...

Hey Cassie and Mark, This is Emily (Steadman) Albertson! How are you guys? Yeah! I love finding friends that I have lost touch with! I love your blog, and your kids are adorable. I saw your blog from Stacey's! Sounds like you guys are doing great and loving life. I would love to catch up with you guys. We have a 21 month boy who is the joy of our home. Anyways, we have a blog too---but it private! Here is my email (steadyem@yahoo.com) emil me and I will invite you so we can stay in touch. Talk to you later!