This past weekend I had the opportunity to go on an overnight camping trip with my church women's group. It was so much fun! At first I was hesitant to go because I had heard the sleeping arrangements were a little frightening, but thanks to a wonderful friend who convinced me to go I had a great time!

We slept in nice insulated cabins. Here is my good friend Melissa (the reason I went) and her sweet 2.5 month old baby Celeste.

This was the part of the sleeping arrangement I was concerned about. Several of the beds dipped significantly in the middle and I was slightly worried I would wake up on the ground. I actually slept quite well and no one in our cabin was disturbed by any critters until the next morning when we found a mouse!

We went on a 1 mile hike that was beautiful and so much fun! Here are the women from our ward (except Melissa) who went on the hike.

Yes folks, it is July 19th and I am standing on snow! Pretty crazy! Thank you Melissa for encouraging me to get away and for helping me have a very fun weekend!
4 comments:
That looks like soooo much fun.
Thank YOU for coming with me. I had a great time and glad you did too. Maybe we should have taken your picture cleaning the toilets!
How fun! I'm glad you had a great time! We can't wait to see you guys on tuesday! --Jenny
Cassie-
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on your retreat. As a married woman (and mom), spending some time with just the girls is so important! I'm excited to have more girl time with you starting tomorrow! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment