We love living in Riverton and for the most part Mark really enjoys his job. One of the perks from his job that I get to enjoy is that he gets every holiday off; even the seemingly insignicant ones like Columbus Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Yeah for federal holidays! It was so nice to have Mark home for an extra day and to top it all off we went on a date in the evening. It was short and sweet, but it was time for the two of us to be alone and we haven't had that for while! I hired Gavin's swimming instructor (she's CPR and First Aid certified so I really like her)and we went to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and I was reminded why I love Mark so much!
Alex did a great job babysitting while we were gone, and she even helped Gavin clean his toys up before putting him to bed on time. Every time I hire a babysitter I ask what the going rate is and I haven't got an answer, so here is where those of you who read this come in. How much do I pay babysitters? Is it okay to pay on a sliding scale depending on what they do? For example, if Gavin and Megan are sleeping most of the time can I pay less? Is it unreasonable to hope and expect that the babysitter will help Gavin clean up his toys so I come home to a clean house? Thanks for all the input!
6 comments:
I am so glad you got to go out on a date. That is SO important. I wish I could help on the going babysitter rate...I just have no idea because we don't ever get a babysitter.
I think that you can pay on a sliding scale. It makes complete sense to me. However, we don't really know how much to pay either. I am sure that whatever you pay is enough, your kids are great. Now if they were terrors that might be a different story.
Mindi :)
that's tough. we've never paid someone, we always swap with another couple. i've heard anything from $8-$13/hr. i would ask the parents and then i might say something like $20 for the night instead of per hour? way to go getting out of the house though! we need to do that soon!!
wait a min...you don't like water slides! what's the deal!? i have to say the water park we went to all summer has a crazy slide that is super fast and an enclosed tunnel! pitch black! it's pretty scary not being able to see and feeling the steep drop! you need to send me your chicken enchillda recipe, i remember it was so good!
OH Mark and Cassie, we have had long debates over babysitter pay! Jess says one thing I say another, it is crazy. Hey we were thinking that you really need to come for a visit over spring break or over the summer. It would be so much fun. Or maybe we should come out to riverton? With life being as crazy as it is we probably won't be able to hook up admist all the various schedules of life, but as always it would be fun to see you guys. We are glad things are going well for you. It was fun to find your blog and catch up -Seth
Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for the rules.
Mindi :)
Post a Comment