Saturday, January 5, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

A few weeks ago we were all sleeping soundly in our beds when we were awakened at 3:00 in the morning to a slamming door. Before I was awake enough to realize what was happening, I heard Megan crying and I noticed a little visitor had joined us in bed. Not wanting to get into the habbit of having 3 in our bed, I drowsily escorted Gavin back to his bed and tried to find out what had caused his mad dash into our bedroom. He told me that he was scared, (I figured that was the case) and when I asked what he was afraid of, he replied his pajamas. I didn't quite understand why the tiny dinousaur on his jammies was scary, but I suggested we pray then sing a song. After our prayer he requested we sing the "scared song" so mustering all the creativity I could at that hour, I made up a song hoping it would bring him peace and help him go back to sleep. My musical abilities paid off and he was soon ready to go back to sleep. I am so thankful to be a mother and for the opportunities that I have to teach, comfort, and love my sweet children; even if it happens at 3:00 a.m.

No comments: