Saturday, January 12, 2008

Keeping busy in 2008

Along with the new year came a renewed sense of determination to spend more time playing with my kids during the day. It gets so easy sometimes to put laundry, dishes, cleaning, and other countless household responsibilities before my children sometimes. I've decided to make a conscious effort everyday to sit down and play with them for a while. House work can wait until naptime, but Gavin and Megan are my most important priority. Although it's been 8 months since Megan joined our family, I'm still trying to figure out how to balance different schedules and divide my time between two little ones. It's a challege that I love working through. Below are pictures of few things we've recently done to stay busy and have fun during the day!
Between birthday and Christmas, Gavin got a lot of fun new toys. It's been a blast sitting down and creatively playing with him. One day we played baseball with dinosaurs, sharks, and playdough. He has such a fun imagination! I was the pitcher, and Gavin helped the dinosaurs bat (using the pink playdough), then run the green bases. We practiced colors and numbers (counting bases) while having fun!
We got some new music for Christmas so we've been practicing our dancing moves!
We've recently read a Whinnie the Pooh book where we got the idea for a picnic spot. It's been very cold here lately, so we found a picnic spot in the kitchen! Gavin got some plastic bugs for Christmas, so to make our picnic realistic, they joined us for lunch.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Kids are so fun! I agree too many of us sometimes miss out on the best parts of life such as these simple moments. Thanks for sharing your fun times, you great Mom!