Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Sick days
Gavin got a nasty cold Saturday and he's on the mend now, but I took Megan to the doctor today and she has RSV. It's a respiratory infection that often manifests itself as a cold in adults and older children, but in infants it causes a fever, cold symptoms, and breathing difficulty. Shortly after moving to Riverton in September I got pneumonia with asthma complications and after 3 visits to the emergency room I was finally admitted to the hospital for 3 days. Because of this experience I get very nervous when it comes to repiratory illnesses, especially in our sweet daughter. Mark gave her a blessing, and she has medication, so I know she'll get better soon, but I still worry! Please keep her in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Cassie! We are thinking of you and hoping Megan gets better soon! She sounded so horrible today. Hang in there!!
Cassie- RSV is so nasty! My sister's baby got it when she was 8 days old. She said that a cool mist huumidifier really helped. Not the one that does a whole room but the one were you can see mist coming out. She put that right over her baby and said it was a huge help. But keep in mind that depending on the level of mist coming out it can soak Megan and her blankets. Good luck!
Maegan Hymas
oh that is scary. rsv is definitely not something you want to stay around. i hope this is the only time she gets it. sorry to hear you were so sick also.
Cassie, I am so sorry that your baby is sick! But I was so excited when I saw your blog on Rachel's. How fun! Your kids are so big! How fun to read about your lives.
Your dear old roomie, Chalice :)
How scary! I pretty much stay home all of the time cuz I'm worried that my baby will get that too! Good luck. We'll be thinking about ya!
Post a Comment